Friday Night Happy Hour: Purple Rain
Incredibly potent, yet very popular is the Purple Rain. The name of this drink originates from it’s appearance.
As Grenadine is added as the final ingredient, the red drops sink through the blue of the other ingredients, creating the impression of Purple Rain.
This one is great for an upcoming holiday party. The purple drops falling down the side of the glass makes for a nice drink to look at.
Beware though, this one will definitely sneak up on you! Before you know it, you may find yourself wearing beer goggles, under the mistletoe with the one neighbor… You know the one that favors Basketball Wives of Miami’s Eric Williams!
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao
- 1 oz Coconut Rum
- ½ oz Lemon-Lime Soda
- Splash of Grenadine
- Half fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in the Vodka, Blue Curaçao, Coconut Rum and Lemon-Lime Soda.
- Stir or shake gently.
- Pour into a glass.
- Add the Grenadine over the top.
- As the red of the Grenadine drips down the blue drink you should get the impression of purple rain.
- If correctly mixed, drink should have an electric blue/purplish color.
TIP: Want that smoky effect displayed above? Add in a few cubes of dry ice.